Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the things we couldnt mend. (04.04.2011)

It's usually Randy that has the nostalgia attacks as far as friends are concerned. but last time we hung out, it was me. I found myself going to work the next morning, stuck in traffic, thinking about the way things had been before. that feeling you get when you leave.

when i leave.

i thought about saying "fuck work" and leaving to Las Vegas.

i thought about staying home and playing music.

i thought about being somewhere else besides what i had become.


but i just drove to work.
i drove to work and i switched places with my friend randy for an instant.
i wondered if we were different people now, if things had gone different ways. but that just made me sad.
i thought about the road trip we took in 2005, and how NOT according to plan it had gone.
but how much fun it is now talking about our experiences.
the stories.

i wondered if we would do things like that in the future.


i remembered randys soliloquy to the camera when we got to oklahoma, and how depressingly funny it was. you could almost hear the theme to Deliverance playing in the background.

and a wave of thoughts beat back all my sanity and i lost myself.
when i came to... all i wanted was to be back there again, in that warm oklahoma night.

me, randy, and erwin.

not a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment