Thursday, August 15, 2013

C F G

to relive those warm nights, would be more than I could ever ask.



with one life...



I remember my mother's loving smile.
     the way she looked at me when I left for the Marines.
the way she looked when I got home from Iraq.
the red, white, and blue skates she gave me. the ones that used to belong to her.


I remember the letters my sister used to write me.

     ...he time my dad told the Marine recruiter that I could be whatever I wanted, if I tried.

his surprise birthday party.


I remember walking to PK Burger with Angel.
     playing NBA Jam until we were sick of it.
having ice cream in some chow hall, somewhere far away.
the smiles.


I remember watching the hard work I put into making randy's video for his birthday turn into a room full of laughs and memories.

I remember going to Las Vegas... and putting it all on black...
then losing it all.
     I remember watching independence day, and then watching fireworks in the ghetto.
and a mountain dew in the field.


I remember your touch. the way you laughed.
running through a foggy field at night, or riding in the car and listening to music.

I remember the snow.

my 1st guitar, my 1st solo.



I remember that hallway in high school where everything changed.

the skating rink.


I remember talking all night, wrapped in a pumpkin blanket, all the while wishing for more time.

I remember wishing for more time.


...the way it feels to take a big breath of chilly air in the morning.

listening to "the heart of the matter" while people walked by.


riding down the 22 with the windows down and the heater on.

our last show.


watching fireworks from post, one july night in Okinawa.


summer.


I remember the fear of the unknown being slowly pushed aside by the desperation of a teenage boy.


us.


writing about you. wondering if i'll ever tell you.




coming home.



your understanding and loving arms.





I remember love.



For me to love you now
Would be the sweetest thing, it would make me sing
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind...

No comments:

Post a Comment