Friday, May 9, 2014

going through some old shit. maybe you've seen it before.

she's a girl, who made me ashamed of my torn pants, a girl i crank called. when she
reached her hand to me i just turned her down.

she's a girl, who was moving faster than i wanted to. once i got her, i didnt know what to
do with her. she lasted shorter than i meant her to.

she's a girl, who played violin, and could never make up her mind. she never let me kiss
her, someone else did instead. i used to write for her.

she's a girl, who was a man's initials. she held my arm and walked me down the hall. i
remember her face like an eternally setting sun.

she's a girl, who was lost and tried to find her way back with her body. i lied to her
about mine. we never kissed. but she more than kissed my friend.

she's a girl, who was a friend, to another girl. she stole my 1st kiss. along with my
1st touch, and cried when i left.


she's a girl, with buckles on her shoes, who sat with me on tower 6, and waited till i was
ready. i stole her 1st time. she held me up when i needed her most... and then never
returned.

she's a girl, who was a hoodrat. she said i was fine, and gave me her picture.
i was so shy, i couldnt let her in.


she's a girl, who i laughed at, and played with her hair. she made my friends
jealous... and sent me cookies while I was in bootcamp. we laid on her carpet, and painted everything
blue. when i went away... so did she.

she's a girl who saw me at a poetry reading, and caught me in the hall. she kissed me in
that same hall, and loved me from far. she was a terrible friend. but always wrote to me
when i needed her most.

she's a girl who wore glasses, and had straight dark black hair. she wanted her
boyfriend to be more like me. but she didnt want me.


she's a girl, who was my friends girl. she came with me to vegas, we slept in he same bed.
i was her addiction. when the habit was over, all i had was my guitar.

she's a girl who gave herself away to everyone but me. we traded books and memories. i
played her my guitar. she kissed me when i was drunk.

she's a girl who liked the beatles, and played the piano. i asked her to be mine...
but i wasnt hers. mixing anger and longing, we shared a cigarette, and a subconscious

goodbye.

she's a girl, who was my sisters friend. i saw her when i came down the stairs, and
time settled there.  when the truth became evident, neither heart was spared.


she's a girl i met in a different state. she let me sleep in her bed. Makers bar was
our hideout, till i got in that car.


she's a girl who i met twice, both times in different states. she kissed my face in a
bar.. a year later we met again. strangers asked if we were married. i took a cab
home from her hotel, and we never spoke again.


she's a girl who came slowly, but the wind took her away. i was dressed as a bunny, she
was dressed as a myth. i had no way to see her, and she fluttered away.

she's a girl who i met online, under the guise of intelligence. she was drunk when it
happened, then she shit on my dreams. she let me go with a letter... left on my pillow
like a mint.


she's a girl who i ruined, with my rough heavy hands. we were living in secrets. she
took me to my dreams, and i turned away to be alone.


she's a girl who i saw through. when i told her she laughed, on the inside she cried.
we were happy one season, when the time changed we died.


she's a girl who i noticed, from across the room. we had almost been meeting, but the time
wasnt right. i asked her to save me. maybe i was asking the truth. pumpkins on that warm
blanket, i was still cold inside.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment