Thursday, June 6, 2013

old shit

i have been calling you from the darkness of my heart into the daylight for so long that i almost let you go when you finally stopped by..

when you finally stop by, i may forget how you like to be talked to.. or what it was about me that you liked at all.. or that you have my words still and wont give them back.. but wont kiss me. again.

kiss me again and tell me you need me. like i have needed you until i convinced myself that i no longer had to breathe the oxygen that goes by your name..

your name is still written on the letters you sent me.. the letters i have clearly saved and put away so that i may smell that beautiful scent you sprayed them with on a day when i have forgotten who you were.. and why your name is still here.

here is the way i keep you away from the things in my heart that i've given away. like a secret thats been told to everyone in the world.. i remember you when you made my heart beat faster just by walking near me.  and we were a secret too..

until you finally stopped by.


and i threw you away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment