Monday, July 1, 2013

a girl i left a girl for, who left me.

     This is my life. I have brought it out for you to see. most of the time I am standing on the edge of destroying this thing. with my toes over the edge something always brings me back.


     When I was being driven to LAX by my parents so I could start my 1 year tour in Okinawa, japan, my girlfriend of the time wrote me this note. I found it a few minutes ago.


"Christian Garibay

     Dearest chris, I really don't know what to say, except for, the situation won. I really despise this fact because I love you so much and wished that there were ways that our relationship together would survive. It hurts me so much knowing that you feel their's no way "us" would work. I feel horrible because I know I influenced that thought.
     I really thought I could "DEAL" with all of the changes, but I can't allow myself to understand that you have no control or time.
     I know I make you feel like shit and I am truly sorry. maybe we were supposed to meet each other later in life.
     I guess since we met so early we were just damaging to one another. but I have loved you since you laughed at me in class. you always seem to amaze me.

     I just want you to know that I love you, and will always love you. and when you find out what you want please tell me.
                I will be waiting for your response.
                                                   
                                            Loving you endlessly,
                                                                             05/23/01

P.s.
        I wish you the best
  and hope you find your dreams and make them happen.
I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you."



In that old red minivan I was given a hastily written note by the girl who lived on Bluebell Ave. 6 months later, we were through. One of my favorite relationship quotes came from my high school English teacher. I sent him an e-mail while I was out in Iraq. He asked " I recall you and Miss Foster were rather close.  Has that gone away?"

No comments:

Post a Comment