Monday, July 8, 2013

.story never told.

when, well I really can't recall, but i'm sure it was before me and karys ever went out, but that's not important.

     before we were going out, karys had given me this bracelet, because in that freeze frame of time I was into bracelets. it was this silver-grey type bead bracelet on an elastic hair to hold it together.
     I wore it every day.

In fact, it attracted attention, but I wouldn't let anyone see it. so of course, this one girl wasn't gonna rest until she had it in her hands. and me being the stubborn dumbass I was back then, refused to let anyone so much as touch it.

maybe I was scared. that nothing would ever come of me and her so I cherished what little I had pertaining to her. or maybe i was fond of my newly discovered star. either way, it goes like this.

one day after class, I was walking out of the building when the girl grabbed at my bracelet, I pulled away. it snapped. and left me picking up little silver-grey beads from their displaced homes. trying to not make it seem like I cared. but I nearly cried.

eyes watery and heart shaken, I walked home and put what few beads I found into a box I had modeled out of a shoe box.

I still have at least a couple of those beads.

     I think it strange that one nearly worthless piece of plastic can mean so much, and signify everything.
    
     I never told karys that, she might think i'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment