Monday, July 15, 2013

losing a whole year

     I got a third eye blind CD when I was a kid in high school. I got it probably because it had semi-charmed kind of life on it. I recognized that song.

     Ashley would think it funny, but back then, I used to listen to whole albums.

I put the CD in the player and the first song that comes on is "Losing A Whole Year".

     I had heard this song somewhere before, at least a fragment. and I remember liking it instantly, but I didn't know who it was that sang it. so I was kind of screwed there.

      when I put that CD in and pressed play I was instantly happy. a happy I can only connect with music I really want to hear. I turned up the volume and disappeared for a while inside that album. I loved that album. I still do.


     this weekend my friend randy and I were talking about music and that album came up. we both remembered it fondly and still knew the words to the songs. not just the ones they played on the radio, but the great ones. songs like motorcycle drive by, and god of wine.

   I think god of wine had to be my favorite song on that album, even though its really hard to pick just one.

     I listened to that album through my shit times I had in life and it always made me feel better, or allowed me to express my rage. the rage of a young boy that has no idea why he's angry.

 "...Well this drama is a bore
And I don't wanna play no more..."


One of my school binders used to say that on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment